HIGHLIGHTS OF PROGRAM:
• In 2011 this program was a huge success! And again in 2014, 2015 and 2016, we had a phenomenal camp. Some of the girls who attended are currently seeking their degree in the Hospitality industry.
• Program is for young women entering 9th thru 12th grade
• Exposure to aspects of the Hospitality industry including entrepreneurship, nutrition, job readiness and other areas that will assist in their decision of their college majors, as well as enhance the community of Russellville.
• Week-long summer institute to promote the improved educational state of Arkansas girls and also train females in a predominately male profession. (Currently 67 Certified Master Chefs in the US, very few are women.)
• 50 girls in 4 groups – In 2011 we had to turn down 70 applicants. We registered 50 girls with 40 in attendance. In 2014 we had 50 girls registered and 40 attended. In 2015, we had 38 girls attend camp in the state of the art kitchen at Chambers Dining Hall.
• The Institute will begin June 5th and continue through June 9th from 8:00 am until 12:30
• Cost: 75.00!!
• Register early!!! Registration is limited to the first 30 girls!
• Friday will be “Celebration Day” where the girls are recognized individually
• Deadline for registration will be MAY 19TH to ensure order of coats/pants are timely
PARENT INFO: Thank you for allowing your daughter to attend our camp! Here is some information that you may need throughout the week.
Again-THANK YOU! We are hoping this will be a great experience for your daughter and we look forward to sharing time with her! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the office!
**For safety reasons, we ask that the girls wear their chef coats and long pants with closed toed shoes, as well as hair restraint while in the kitchen.